By Dinah L. Moché
For a new release, Astronomy: A Self-Teaching Guide has brought thousands of readers around the globe to the evening sky. Now this vintage beginner's advisor has been thoroughly revised to deliver it modern with the newest discoveries.
Updated with the most recent, so much exact info and greater than a hundred new photographs and images, this 7th variation features:
- Web web site addresses all through for the simplest colour photos and astronomy assets online
- Technical principles made basic with out mathematics
- A attractive new full-color, sleek insert with impressive astro-images
- An interactive layout with studying ambitions, studies, self-tests, and solutions for quick learning
- Five newbies' famous person and Moon maps for enjoyable stargazing
Dinah L. Moché, Ph.D., is Professor of Physics and Astronomy on the urban collage of recent York. An award-winning writer and lecturer, her books have bought over ten million copies in seven languages.
Read or Download Astronomy: A Self-Teaching Guide, Seventh Edition (Wiley Self-Teaching Guides) PDF
Similar astronomy books
The dynamics, politics, and richness of data construction in social routine and social activist contexts are frequently ignored. This publication contends that essentially the most radical reviews and understandings approximately dominant ideologies and tool buildings, and visions of social swap, have emerged from these areas.
Für die dritte Auflage wurden alle Aufsätze aktualisiert und sieben neue Beiträge aufgenommen. So komplettiert ein Kapitel über spektroskopische Biomarker das nunmehr mit drei Beiträgen vertretene, hoch aktuelle Thema extrasolare Planeten. Zwei neue Artikel zur Antimaterie befassen sich mit den physikalischen Grundlagen, insbesondere der Materie-Antimaterie-Asymmetrie im Urknall, und dem Nachweis von Antiteilchen im Weltraum.
Dates shape the spine of written historical past. yet the place do those dates come from? many alternative calendars have been utilized in the traditional global. a few of these calendars have been established upon observations or calculations of standard astronomical phenomena, equivalent to the 1st sighting of the hot moon crescent that outlined the start of the month in lots of calendars, whereas others integrated schematic simplifications of those phenomena, reminiscent of the 360-day yr utilized in early Mesopotamian administrative practices in an effort to simplify accounting methods.
This prize-winning thesis offers with the remark and modeling of the spectral evolution of blazars. according to single-dish gentle curves, a version of shock-shock interplay is verified and proven utilizing multi-frequency excessive answer Very lengthy Baseline Observations. He offers state-of-the artwork numerical relativistic hydrodynamic simulations and the corresponding non-thermal emission is calculated (eRHD simulations).
- The Great Canoes in the Sky: Starlore and Astronomy of the South Pacific
- The Essential Galileo (Hackett Classics)
- The Pulsations of the Sun and the Stars (Lecture Notes in Physics)
- Observational Astronomy: Techniques and Instrumentation
- Applied Computer Science for GGOS Observatories: Communication, Coordination and Automation of Future Geodetic Infrastructures (Springer Textbooks in Earth Sciences, Geography and Environment)
- Astrobiology, History, and Society: Life Beyond Earth and the Impact of Discovery (Advances in Astrobiology and Biogeophysics)
Additional info for Astronomy: A Self-Teaching Guide, Seventh Edition (Wiley Self-Teaching Guides)
Astronomy: A Self-Teaching Guide, Seventh Edition (Wiley Self-Teaching Guides) by Dinah L. Moché