Spring Break is still the favorite time of year for college and high school students across the country. Picking a place to go can sometimes be daunting—flights, hotels, friends, who can make it, are all decisions to think about at a time when the last thing you want to do is think more.
Naturally, everyone wants to go to the cool spot, to have that epic week that they can look back on, for the rest of their lives.
Here at Party Around the World, we get that, so we’ve compiled a list of the top 10 places to go for spring break this year! While some awesome beach spots did make the list, Spring Break according to Business Insider
1. Las Vegas, Nevada —where a version of Spring Break lasts throughout the summer.
Vegas’ reputation precedes her, so if you want a fun Spring Break location without leaving the country, head to Vegas, Baby! It’s 24/7. You’ve got non stop fun, day and night.
While the sun is up, tan and rage at the pool parties and at night endless options of bars and clubs to stroll. Knock out some of those hangovers with the endless, bottomless brunches and all you can eat buffets along with many other fine dining spots to choose from. For ladies the shopping is world class too. A girls’ got to look good on the dance floor. The casinos are almost an afterthought but if you’re feelin lucky, why not drop some coin down? You may not only came back with some fine memories, but some winnings as well.
2. Panama City, Florida—Still one of the top Spring Break cities in the world, Panama City is full of wild parties and awesome fun. If you aren’t comfortable leaving the country for Spring Break, then Panama City should be a no brainer. Head down and join the sexy men and women for the parties, the beaches, the sunsets, and the beautiful flora and fauna.
3. New Orleans, Louisiana—New Orleans is famous for Mardi Gras, but that doesn’t mean you can’t check out the incredible city for Spring Break. In fact, we encourage partaking in the Cajun and Creole cuisine, shopping at great vintage shops, and partying your night away. New Orleans is one of America’s great cities, so keep her in mind when planning Spring Break.
4. Hawaii—America does have a beachy paradise, even if it is a good flight out into the Pacific Ocean. Hawaii is full of incredible islands, great parties, amazing surfing, tasty food, and more! It’s also part of the US of A, which has its benefits—don’t worry about dealing with foreign police, visas, or any language barrier, just worry about getting that perfect tan.
5. Cancun, Mexico—Many young adults use Spring Break as a chance to leave the country and explore the world. As far as Spring Breaks go, few places in the world beat Cancun, which is arguably built for that week long break in the middle of the school year. Cancun is the perfect place to relieve that second-semester stress in a partyers paradise. Feel like relaxing? Well Cancun is good for that too with long white beaches and incredible turquoise water.
6. Cabo San Lucas—Just a short flight from California, Cabo San Lucas in Mexico is a great option too. Known for its great parties at the Baja Brewing Company, Mandala, the Pink Kitty Nightclub, Giggling Marlin, El Squid Roe, Nowhere Bar, the Usual Suspects, Tiki Bar, the Jungle Bar, and the Cabo Wabo Cantina, you will definitely have a good time. The beaches aren’t too shabby here either, so take a break from the drinking with a horseback ride on the beautiful sand.
7. Punta Cana, Dominican Republic—This is one of the major Caribbean spots, full of white sand beaches, diving, snorkeling, deep-sea fishing and more. The Dominican Republic is very diverse, so head into the jungle on a safari if that’s more your pace. Regardless of how you choose to spend your time, you’ll be satisfied.
8. Paradise Island, Bahamas—Paradise Island is as the name says—paradise. A casino to rival the best in Vegas or elsewhere, Atlantis sits as the major destination for many spring breakers still. While a bit on the pricey side, choose from amazing hotel options, private villa rental, or stay on a yacht. There are also more affordable options for those on a budget. Spend your days on the amazing beaches, trying the local conch dishes, drinking Kalik beers, watching incredible sunsets, and partying at the famous Senor Frogs.
9. Austin, Texas—Austin has blown up over the past few years with the SXSW festival. For this reason, Austin has cemented a spot in the top 10 Spring Break destinations for 2015. SXSW focuses on three major areas over a two week period in March: Interactive, Film, and Music. There are incredible people and groups in all three fields that make Austin one of the hottest places in the country to be during Spring Break. One of America’s gem cities, Austin more than makes up for not having a beach with this festival, as well as amazing food, culture, and partying.
10. Miami, Florida—Finally, a Spring Break list isn’t complete without the inclusion of Miami, Florida, which is arguably the most complete (albeit expensive) spot on the list. Miami has beaches, sexy men and women of many cultures, great food, world-class hotels, great sports teams, incredible night clubs, fun bars, golf, tennis…. and Ultra Music Festival. Oh and the weather in March isn’t too shabby either. While every place on this list has a lot to offer, few if any can offer the complete package like Miami. Whether or not your Spring Break falls over the Ultra weekends, Miami promises to be a good time and fun party 7 days a week. Miami is also one of the few places in the United States where you can get that Caribbean-esque turquoise water. You can do Miami cheap or you can blow it out and have the best week of your life. Regardless, you’ll have a great time!
A little more adventurous, a little more money and a bit more time.
Europe—While a bit more on the pricey side and depending on where you live, East Coast or West, travel time can make this a tough trip to fit in. While a list of top ten locations could be done on individual countries within Europe, for the sake of a Spring Break trip, we will let the continent stand alone. If you’re the college kid with wanderlust and can afford to hop across the pond, Europe is a great spot. London, Paris, Madrid, Rome, Barcelona, Nice, Tuscany…there is an endless supply of amazing, gorgeous, historic, fun cities to see.
10. Southeast Asia—If you have the money to travel far and don’t mind wasting about 48 hours just traveling, spend your Spring Break in Southeast Asia. Bali, Indonesia, and Thailand are our top picks, as they will provide you not only with great partying and beaches, but also incredible culture. Local cuisine and traditions will keep you busy and intrigued. Beware: Southeast Asia is one of those places Americans sometimes travel and never leave—embracing the local people and settling in.
If you time it right, The Full Moon Party in Koh Phangan Thailand is a must stop.